Do Vaccinations Cause Autism?
by Jeffrey Dach MD
If you asked “Do vaccinations cause autism?”
to anyone in the medical establishment, government or drug industry, the answer would be a firm NO, with supportive peer review medical publications. However, if you asked this question to mothers of autistic children, or the (DAN) physicians treating them, the answer would be a an equally emphatic YES, of course, pointing to their own supportive medical studies. (1-5) (93-99)
Canary in the Coal Mine
Autistic kids are the canaries in the coal mine, having genetic variations called SNP’s (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms), so they can’t easily eliminate environmental toxins from their bodies. The most toxic is the ethyl mercury preservative in vaccines, unwittingly injected into young children before they are old enough to eliminate the mercury. Mercury impairs the immune system, causes auto-immune diseases, and is directly toxic to the brain, causing neurological disorders. (6-9)
It’s a Crime in Iowa and California
Iowa was the first state to ban mercury containing vaccines, Jan 2005. (106) California has followed suit and more than 30 other states have similar bans under consideration. In California, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the Thimerosal (Mercury) Law which took effect on July 1, 2006 prohibiting vaccination with mercury-containing vaccines to pregnant women or to children under age three. At the federal level, however, Pres. George Bush plans to veto similar legislation (FY 2008 HHS-Labor-Education Appropriations Bill). (10)(11)
Currently, the states with bans on Mercury containing (thimerosal) vaccines are California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, New York and Washington. The Scandinavian countries have banned the use of Mercury (thimerosal) in vaccines for many years. Children’s vaccines in the United Kingdom have not contained mercury preservative (thimerasol) since 2004. (106a)
The Most Bitter Debate
There is no greater rancor in medicine than the autism-vaccine debate, and this debate has reached the federal vaccine court where 5000 autistic kids and their families are requesting compensation for vaccine injury.
Vaccination Deemed Necessary to Protect Society
Society has deemed vaccination necessary to protect the nation from diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, and tetanus. In return for these benefits, society accepts the inevitable injury or death of the unlucky few from adverse effects. After all, vaccines contain foreign substances which provoke an immune response.
Examples of vaccine injury include the 1 death per million from viral encephalitis and disseminated viral infection after smallpox vaccination. Another example of vaccine injury is paralytic polio after receiving the live Sabin oral polo vaccine. With the eradication of polio, there are now more polio cases caused by the vaccine then are prevented by it in the US. (12-14)
The Swine Flu vaccine caused more deaths than did the Swine Flu itself, and there were 500 cases of vaccine associated Guillan Barre paralysis. Both the live polio vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccines have been discontinued in the US for these reasons. (15)(16)
The National Childhood Vaccine Injure Act
Large jury awards arising from DPT vaccine injury litigation in the 1980’s induced some vaccine makers to cease production, representing a threat to national military readiness in the case of biological warfare. (17)(18)
So, Congress passed the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act to provide for uninterrupted vaccine production. This law made the vaccine manufacturers immune from civil litigation, and instead established a Federal Court system to provide speedy compensation for vaccine-related injuries or death. (19)
The court uses a table which lists the types of injuries which automatically qualify for compensation. However, Autism is not included in this table. (20)
5000 Autism Cases Before the Vaccine Court
There are currently 5,000 cases before the Federal Vaccine Court requesting compensation for vaccine related autism, and a ruling is expected within the next 6-12 months.(21)(22)(108)
The 5,000 autistic families are represented by Kevin P. Conway, Ronald C Homer & Syvia Chin-Caplan, 16 Shawmut Street, Boston, MA 02116, Phone: 617-695-1990 (23)(24)
Acceptance by the Medical Establishment Not Necessary
A previous case was a victory. In Capizzano 05-5049 (3/9/2006),the Court decided that peer-reviewed scientific literature was not needed to win compensation. All that was needed was a medical theory linking an injury to the vaccine, a logical sequence of cause and effect, and a temporal relationship between them. This can be accomplished by medical records, or by an expert opinion. Peer-reviewed literature, pathological markers, re challenge and general medical acceptance, are not required to win compensation.
In other words, it is not necessary for the acceptance by the medical establishment that vaccines cause autism., nor was it necessary for the peer review literature to show that vaccines cause autism. All that is needed is to show that Johnny was OK before the vaccination, and after the vaccination, Johnny developed autism.
280 Billion Dollars for Autistic Children – Do the Math
The current rate of autism as 1 in 150 children. Since there are 4 million live births annually in the US, this calculates out to 28,000 autistic kids annually, or 280,000 autistic kids per decade. Assuming the 5000 autistic families prevail in court with an average payout of one million dollars per autistic child, with the potential for 280,000 claims, the potential payout could amount to 280 billion dollars. This is an incredibly large amount of money, about the same amount of spending for 2 years of war in Iraq.(25) For this reason alone, it seems inconceivable that the federal vaccine court would grant compensation for autism. However, only time will tell.
Vaccine-Strain Measles Detected in Autistic Kids from MMR
The Vaccine Court’s compensation table includes Vaccine-strain measles infection, so these autistic kids would automatically be entitled to compensation. There are a number of reports of measles infection in the small bowel in autistic kids shown with endoscopic biopsy and PCR testing. Of course, mainstream medicine claims these findings are debatable, as seen in this article in by Dr. DeStefano. (26)(27)(28)(70-75). However, Dr. Destefano’s arguments have been refuted by F. Edward Yazbak MD. (31) see: MMR Vaccination and Autism Revisited in 2016 (31)
Lack of Evidence of Harm
As expected, the medical establishment claims there is a lack of evidence that thimerosol vaccines cause autism, and lack of evidence that the MMR vaccine causes persistent measles infection. (29-36)
A recent Sept 2007 New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) article speaks against the notion that thimerisol containing vaccines cause neurological problems.(37)
Autism is Increasing to Epidemic Proportions
A decade ago, the rate of autism was 1 per 10,000. The CDC now says that the current autism rate is 1 per 150. Some say that this dramatic rise in autism rates correlates with the increase in mercury exposure with Thimerosal, as children vaccination schedules have increased. See increasing autism incidence in chart below. (Courtesy of Autism in the Museum)
Thousands of families are reporting their normal children changed after receiving mercury-containing vaccines, and began displaying Autism symptoms which mimic mercury poisoning. (100).
Children with autism have more measurable mercury in their bodies than normal children, because they have difficulty eliminating it. A typical mercury dose received by a two-month old after three mercury vaccines is 125 times EPA’s daily allowable exposure levels. In 2001, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) stated it is “biologically plausible” that Thimerosal in vaccines caused autism, ADD/ ADHD and neurodevelopment disorders in general. (40-48)
Videos on You Tube
There are many videos posted on U-Tube showing a typical story. The new born child develops normally, is then vaccinated and becomes autistic. After biologic treatment by a DAN physician the child dramatically improves. (Click Here for Videos) (39)
What are the Features of autism?
The autistic child becomes non-verbal, with no self expression, and assumes postures to put pressure on lower abdomen (indicating pain). There may be hand flapping, and stacking objects.
The autistic child shows no interest in other people, or he may be interested in people, but does not know how to talk with, play with, or relate to them. Initiating and maintaining a conversation is difficult. Speech and language skills may begin and then be lost, or they may develop very slowly, or they may never develop. The autistic child may have repeated ritualistic actions such as spinning, rocking, staring, finger flapping, and hitting self. Autistic kids have neurological disorders including epilepsy, gastro-intestinal problems, fine and gross motor deficits, and anxiety and depression. Boys are nearly 4 times more likely to have a parent-reported autism diagnosis than girls. There are about (80 Videos) on You Tube which show the typical signs of Autism: (49)
See Dr. Arthur Krigsman’s (video presentation) on Autism (DAN 2004 meeting) (50-53).
Symptoms and Biologic Treatment of Autism – Dr. Arthur Krigsman
50-70 % of autistic kids get a gasterointestinal disorder called autism associated entero-colitis, with inflammation of small bowel, stomach, and esophagus. They may have abdominal pain, diarrhea (loose stool, unformed stool, chronic oatmeal consistency, undigested food, malabsorption, constipation, malodorous stools. They may have abdominal distention, due to bowel inflammation and excessive gas. Growth curve may show regression at the onset of GI symptoms and onset of cognitive regression at the 15 month time frame.
Endoscopy finds pathology in these 70% who may have constipation/diarrhea with difficulty passing stool, or 3-4 days without a bowel movement. Endoscopy of small bowel shows lymphoid nodular hyperplasia, and severe LNH resembles Crohns disease.
Leaky Gut Syndrome in Autistic Kids
Autistic kids have an inflamed gut membrane which has increased intestinal permeability, also called “leaky gut” syndrome. In leaky gut, the undigested food macromolecules are absorbed by the leaky gut into the blood stream, an abnormal event. Metabolic pathways to break down these macromolecules are not normally in use.
Gluten from bread, and Casein from milk derivatives produce opioids, which are found in urine of autistic children. By removing the offending foods, the opioids disappear. There are 28 other proteins present in urine which can b detected with organic acid testing at the Great Plains Lab, William Shaw. (54)(55)(56)
Gut inflammation can be controlled on long term basis with anti-inflammatory drugs for biopsy proven inflammation on endoscopy. These are 5ASA drugs like Sulfadiazine, and the Salicylates. Very few patients cannot tolerate these drugs. Some kids need steroids (2-4 weeks), same as Crohn’s disease cases. Anti-Fungals (nystatin, diflucan) are widely used by DAN practitioners. Parents will say the kids do better on anti-fungals even though it is difficult to demonstrate fungus found on culture. Organic acid urine tests typically show presence of fungal metabolites which disappear with anti-fungal drugs. Autistic kids are also given digestive enzymes and probiotics which help to improve GI and cognitive symptoms.
Mother Claims her Autistic Child was helped with Chelation therapy which removes Mercury
Katie Wright revealed that her autistic son Christian (grandson of NBC Chair Bob Wright), recovered significant function after chelation treatments to remove mercury. (101)(102).
As customary, she was viciously attacked by the medical establishment for her public statement. However, Katie was vigorously defended by John F Kennedy Jr. in this Huffington Post article.(57-59)(105)(107)
How To Make Vaccinations Safer
To make vaccination safer, Stephanie Cave MD and Sherry Tenpenny have suggested waiting until child is older to give the vaccinations, use single dose mercury-free vaccines, and use vitamin supplements such as Vitamin A and C prior to vaccination. They suggest avoiding vaccination when the child is sick. (60) (61)
Dr. Cave recommends waiting to vaccinate until there child is at least 6 months of age, preferably older. Do only one vaccine at a time, at least a month apart.
Vaccination is NOT mandatory. Use an Exemption
Information on exemptions was mentioned in a previous newsletter. (62)
New Medical Discoveries Are Usually Rejected
Ignatz Semmelweis, for example, was ridiculed for his suggestion that surgeons should wash their hands before an operation.(63) The British Navy finally gave limes to sailors 50 years after James Lind’s showed citrus fruit cured scurvy.(64) As a reward for his discovery that elevated homocysteine causes heart disease, Kilmer McKully MD, was fired from his job and research grant terminated.(65 ) The thimerisol-autism connection is just another example of the above.
In Iowa and California, it is a illegal to inject a newborn with mercury with the newborn Hepatitis B shot, and and it should be crime in your state as well. Hepatitis B is obtained through IV drug abuse, or via sexual transmission, both activies not possible for newborns.
Hopefully, the injection of mercury into newborns will soon become a relic of the past, taking its rightful place in the museum along with bloodletting and leeches. Until then, there is much work to be done to remove mercury from our vaccinations. As a nation, we can’t afford not to. (66)
Articles with related interest:
Latest Update: 2/12/2009: The vaccine court rejects the autism cases, and the claim that vaccines cause autism.(as predicted)
Update 2/3/14: New book out on the Medical History of Vaccination by Susanne Humphies MD, Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and The Forgotten History
Update 7/29/14: US Government Quietly Admits Vaccines Cause Autism
Update 9/8/14: Opinion from a person involved in finding housing for people with disabilities: Just Who Are These Anti-Vaxxers, Anyway ?
Addendum 2/5/15: 21 month old dies from measles encephalitis after MMR shot. Measles_encephalitis_vaccine_strain_Ari_Bitnun_Clinical_infectious_diseases_1999 Bitnun, Ari, et al. “Measles inclusion-body encephalitis caused by the vaccine strain of measles virus.” Clinical infectious diseases 29.4 (1999): 855-861.
“We report a case of measles inclusion-body encephalitis in an apparently healthy 21-month-old boy 8.5 months after measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. He had no prior evidence of immune deficiency and no history of measles exposure or clinical disease. . . . The nucleotide sequence in the nucleoprotein and fusion gene regions was identical to that of the Moraten and Schwarz vaccine strains. . . . On hospital day 51, the patient died after ventilatory support was withdrawn. . . . An immunologic evaluation of this patient was prompted by the diagnosis of MIBE. While we cannot ascribe his condition to any classic immunodeficiency syndrome, our findings support the presence of a primary immunodeficiency”
Update: Doctors Against Vaccines: The Other Side of the Story is Not Being Told – Heath Impact News
Singh, Vijendra K., et al. “Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autism.” Journal of biomedical science 9.4 (2002): 359-364. “inappropriate antibody response to MMR, specifically the measles component thereof, might be related to pathogenesis of autism.”
Update 2018: Aluminum Vaccine Adjutant and Autism connection.International scientists have found autism’s cause. What will Americans do? BY J.B. HANDLEY April 2, 2018
“there’s an ongoing, permanent immune-system activation in the brains of autistic people.”
Update 2018: Pesticide DDT exposure in pregnant mothers increases autism rate in children:
Brown, Alan S., et al. “Association of maternal insecticide levels with autism in offspring from a national birth cohort.” American Journal of Psychiatry (2018): appi-ajp.
Autism is a complex neurodevelopmental disorder with a largely unknown etiology. To date, few studies have investigated prenatal exposure to toxins and risk of autism by using maternal biomarkers of exposure. Persistent organic pollutants are lipophilic halogenated organic compounds and include the insecticide dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT), as well as its metabolite p,p′-dichlorodiphenyl dichloroethylene (p,p′-DDE), and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). The objective of this study was to test whether elevated maternal levels of persistent organic pollutants are associated with autism among offspring.
Method: The investigation was derived from the Finnish Prenatal Study of Autism, a national birth cohort study based on a nested case-control design. Cases of autism among children born between 1987 and 2005 were ascertained by national registry linkages. In cases of childhood autism and matched control subjects (778 matched case-control pairs), maternal serum specimens from early pregnancy were assayed for levels of p,p′-DDE and total levels of PCBs.
Results: The odds of autism among offspring were significantly increased with maternal p,p′-DDE levels that were in the highest 75th percentile, with adjustment for maternal age, parity, and history of psychiatric disorders (odds ratio=1.32, 95% CI=1.02, 1.71). The odds of autism with intellectual disability were increased by greater than twofold with maternal p,p′-DDE levels above this threshold (odds ratio=2.21, 95% CI=1.32, 3.69). There was no association between total levels of maternal PCBs and autism.
Conclusions: These findings provide the first biomarker-based evidence that maternal exposure to insecticides is associated with autism among offspring. Although further research is necessary to replicate this finding, this study has implications for the prevention of autism and may provide a better understanding of its pathogenesis.
Update 2019: Dr Paul Thomas Pleads with Fellow Pediatricians to End the Autism Epidemic:
Jabbed: How the Vaccine Industry, Medical Establishment and Government Stick It to You and Your Family Paperback – September 7, 2016
Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children by Louise Kuo Habakus (Editor), Mary Holland (Editor), Kim Mack Rosenberg (Editor)
Dissolving illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and The Forgotten History by Suzanne Humphries MD. Link to book on Amazon.
Articles with Related Interest:
(1) What You Need to Know About the Vaccine Debate Immunization Basics
By Vincent Iannelli, MD – Reviewed by a board-certified physician.
Updated July 19, 2016
2) List of DEFEAT AUTISM NOW (DAN) Doctors DAN Physician Referral List:
(3) Biological Evidence of Significant Vaccine Related Side-effects Resulting in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Presentation to the Vaccine Safety Committee of the Institute of Medicine, The National Academies of Science, February 9, 2004.Jeff Bradstreet MD, ICDRC, 321-953-0278
(5) An enzyme critical to methylation, methionine synthase, uses an active form of vitamin B12 to complete its chemical function, according to Richard C Deth. Thimerosal interferes with the conversion of dietary forms of B12 into the active form and so impedes DNA methylation and disrupts some normal gene actions.
(6) Mercury Poisoning
(7) EPA mercury Site
(8) HHS agency for Toxic Substances
(9) Mass Dept of Environmental Protection
10) California Thimerosal (Mercury) Law
Thimerosal, used to prevent contamination of multi-dose vials of vaccines, contains mercury. California law prohibits administering mercury-containing vaccines to pregnant women or to children younger than three years of age. All routine vaccines are available in formulations that meet the law.
(12) WHO Cessation of Oral (live) polio vaccine, Policy paper.
(13) Cessation of Trivalent Oral Poliovirus Vaccine and Introduction of Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine — Worldwide, 2016 Weekly / September 9, 2016 / 65(35);934–938
(14) vaccinia smallpox CDC info
(15) Haber, Penina, et al. “Vaccines and guillain-barre syndrome.” Drug Safety 32.4 (2009): 309-323.
(16) The Sky is Falling: An Analysis of the Swine Flu Affair of 1976, by Joel Warner
(17) The Tainted History of the DPT Vaccine by Harold Stearley
(18) At Risk: Truth About Vaccines, Lawsuits & Shortages Barbara Loe Fisher
(20) Vaccine Injury Table outlining which vaccine related injuries are to be compensated. Vaccine Injury Table
21) Current status of 4900—claims for vaccine injuries resulting in autism spectrum disorder before US Court of Federal Claims, Special masters Patricia Campbell Smith, Denise Vowel and George L Hastings Jr. Ruling is expected after Jan 15, 2008. Decisions in the Omnibus Autism Proceeding
(22) cedillo_98-916V_MMR_Autism_Conway Homer Cedillo Case No. 98-916V
(23) Conway Homer legal web site. news and links relating to vaccine litigation.
(24) Vaccine Injuries. Conway Homer . Search our list of vaccine injuries that qualify for the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program.
(25) The Possible Costs to the United States of Maintaining a Long-Term Military Presence in Iraq September 2007
(26) The vaccine strain of measles virus has been found in 85% of samples taken from the guts of children with regressive autism, according to Dr. Stephen Walker of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine.The study replicates findings made by Dr. Andrew Wakefield, a gastroenterologist, in 1998, and by Prof. John O’Leary, a pathologist, in 2002.
(27) Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory bowel disease. Mol Pathol. 2002 April; 55(2): 84–90. V Uhlmann, C M Martin, O Sheils, L Pilkington, I Silva, A Killalea, S B Murch, J Walker-Smith, M Thomson, A J Wakefield, and J J O’Leary.
Results: Seventy five of 91 patients with a histologically confirmed diagnosis of ileal lymphonodular hyperplasia and enterocolitis were positive for measles virus in their intestinal tissue compared with five of 70 control patients. Measles virus was identified within the follicular dendritic cells and some lymphocytes in foci of reactive follicular hyperplasia. The copy number of measles virus ranged from one to 300 000 copies/ng total RNA. onclusions: The data confirm an association between the presence of measles virus and gut pathology in children with developmental disorder.
(28) VACCINES AND AUTISM Detection of measles virus in children with ileo-colonic lymphoid nodular hyperplasia, enterocolitis and developmental disorder Molecular Psychiatry (2002) 7, S47–S48. Martin CM, Uhlmann V, Killalea A, Sheils O, O’Leary JJ.
(30) VACCINES AND AUTISM MMR vaccine and autism: a review of the evidence for a causal association Molecular Psychiatry (2002) 7, S51–S52. CDC finds NO causal association F DeStefano National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, CDC
31) MMR Vaccination and Autism Revisited in 2016 by F Edward Yazbak MD
32) PEDIATRICS Vol. 118 No. 1 July 2006, pp. e139-e150 Pervasive Developmental Disorders in Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Prevalence and Links With Immunizations Eric Fombonne, MDa, Rita Zakarian, MEda, Andrew Bennett, PhD, CPsychb, Linyan Meng, MSca and Diane McLean-Heywood, MAb The findings ruled out an association between pervasive developmental disorder and either high levels of ethylmercury exposure comparable with those experienced in the United States in the 1990s or 1- or 2-dose measles-mumps-rubella vaccinations.
33) The “Wakefield” Studies: Studies Hypothesizing That MMR Causes Autism Dr. Paul Offit, M.D., FAAP, Chief of Infectious Diseases and Director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Those who claim that MMR causes autism often cite two papers by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues. This section summarizes those studies and lists their critical flaws.Conclusion; autism is not caused by thimerosol vaccines vaccines_and_autism The Wakefield Studies Hypothesizing That MMR Causes Autism Dr. Paul Offit
(34) Web site which states that Autism not caused by vaccines, funded by CDC
(37) A Sept 2007 NEJM article speaks against the notion that thimerisol containing vaccines cause neurological problems. Volume 357:1281-1292 September 27, 2007 Number 13 Early Thimerosal Exposure and Neuropsychological Outcomes at 7 to 10 Years
(40) Critical Issues, Mercury from Safe Minds.org
(41) Stephanie Cave Book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations, by Stephanie Cave, M.D., F.A.A.F.P and Deborah Mitchell.
(42) Video: Dr. Mark Geier Speaks at Mercury-Free Vaccines Rally in front of CDC 2007
(43) Video You Tube: Dr. Mary Megson Speaks on Autism Epidemic and Vaccines in front of CDC 2007
(44) Video: Boyd Haley, PhD Speaks at Mercury-Free Vaccines Rally at CDC 2007
(45) Video: Shows How Mercury Kills the Brain ~ Autism Connection
(47) A prospective study of mercury toxicity biomarkers in autistic spectrum disorders. Geier DA, Geier MR. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007 Oct;70(20):1723-30.
(48) Urinary porphyrin profile analysis (UPPA) to assess body-burden and physiological effects of mercury in children diagnosed with ASDs.
(49) Video on You Tube: Signs of Autism
(50) Video:Current Concepts in the Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Associated Enterocolitis, Arthur Krigsman, M.D.Presented at DAN conference 2004. next meeting appearance National Autism Association November 9-11, 2007, Atlanta
(52) Arthur Krigsman MD Web Site, pediatric gasteroenterologist, Bio
(55) Biological Treatment of Autism by William Shaw PhD on Amazon 2008
(57) Robert F. Kennedy Jr defends attack on Mothers, The poisonous public attacks on Katie Wright this week–for revealing that her autistic son Christian (grandson of NBC Chair Bob Wright), has recovered significant function after chelation treatments to remove mercury — surprised many observers unfamiliar with the acrimonious debate over the mercury-based vaccine preservative Thimerosal. But the patronizing attacks on the mothers of autistic children who have organized to oppose this brain-killing poison is one of the most persistent tactics employed by those defending Thimerosal against the barrage of scientific evidence linking it to the epidemic of pediatric neurological disorders, including autism. Mothers of autistics are routinely dismissed as irrational, hysterical, or as a newspaper editor told me last week, “desperate to find the reason for their children’s illnesses,” and therefore, overwrought and disconnected.
(59) Video: Christian and Makena, Non verbal aggressive little guy has turned into a wonderful healthy little boy with the help of the specific carbohydrate diet, vitamins, supplements, chelation therapy, ABA, Occupational and Speech therapy.
(60) Interview with Stephanie Cave MD, Balancing Biochemistry: An Interview with Stephanie Cave
(61) Sudfeld, Christopher R., Ann Marie Navar, and Neal A. Halsey. “Effectiveness of measles vaccination and vitamin A treatment.” International journal of epidemiology 39.suppl 1 (2010): i48-i55.
(65 ) Kilmer McCully MD and the discovery of the Homocytseine cause for heart disease
(66) Blood Letting Antique Medical Museum
(68) A prospective study of mercury toxicity biomarkers in autistic spectrum disorders. Geier DA, Geier MR. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007 Oct;70(20):1723-30.
(69) Press Release September 30, 2007 WASHINGTON, DC – A new peer-reviewed scientific/medical case study confirms that many children with autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) suffer from mercury poisoning. The new study, “A Prospective Study of Mercury Toxicity Biomarkers in Autistic Spectrum Disorders” by Mr. David A. Geier and Dr. Mark R. Geier has been published in the most recent issue of the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A (volume 70, issue 20, pgs 1723-1730).
(70) Uhlmann V., Martin C, Shiels, Wakefield AJ, O’Leary JJ. Possible viral pathogenesis of a novel paediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Molecular Pathology 2002;55:84-90
(71) Singh VK, Lin SX, Yang VC. Serological association of measles virus and human herpesvirus-6 with brain autoantibodies in autism. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1998;89:105-8.
(72) Singh VK, Jensen RL, Elevated levels of measles antibodies in children with autism, Pediatric Neurology, 2003;28:292-294.
(73) Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autism. Singh VK, Lin SX, Newell E, Nelson C.Department of Biology and Biotechnology Center, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org, J Biomed Sci. 2002 Jul-Aug;9(4):359-64.
(74) Wakefield, A.J., et al.Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children Lancet 351: 637-`1, 1998. (RETRACTED ARTICLE)
(75) Uhlmann, V., et al. Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Clinical Pathology: Molecular Pathology 55:1-6, 2002.
(76) Taylor, B., et al. Autism and measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine: no epidemiological evidence for a causal association. Lancet 353:2026-2029,1999.
(78) Dales, L., et al. Time trends in autism and in MMR immunization coverage in California. JAMA 285:1183-1185, 2001
(79) Lancet. 2000 Oct 7;356(9237):1273.Response to the MMR question.Taylor B, Miller E, Farrington CP.
(80) Kaye, J.A., et al. Mumps, measles, and rubella vaccine and the incidence of autism recorded by general practitioners: a time trend analysis. Brit Med J 322:460-463, 2001.
(81) Taylor, B., et al. Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and bowel problems or developmental regression in children with autism: population study. Brit Med J 324:393-396, 2002.
(82) Adrien, J., et al. Blind ratings of early symptoms of autism based upon family home movies. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 32:617-626, 1993.
(83) Adrien, J., et al. Early symptoms in autism from family home movies: evaluation and comparison between 1st and 2nd year of life using I.B.S.E. scale. Acta Paedopsychiatrica 55:71-75, 1992.
(84) Adrien, J., et al. Autism and family home movies: preliminary findings. J Autism Devel Disorders 21:43-49, 1991.
(85) Osterling, J., et al. Early recognition of children with autism: a study of first birthday home videotapes. J Autism Devel Disorders 24:247-257, 1994.
(86) Mars, A.E., et al. Symptoms of pervasive developmental disordeers as observed in prediagnostic home videos of infants and toddlers. J Pediatr 132:500-504, 1998.
(87) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Nov 10;95(23):13982-7. Links Movement analysis in infancy may be useful for early diagnosis of autism.Teitelbaum P, Teitelbaum O, Nye J, Fryman J, Maurer RG.
(88) Jefferson T, Price D, Demicheli V, Bianco E. Unintended events following immunization with MMR: a systematic review. Vaccine 2003; 21: 3954-3960
(89) Demicheli V, Jefferson T, Rivetti A, Price D. Vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella in children (Review). The Cochrane Collaboration 2005. AUTHORS’ CONCLUSIONS: The design and reporting of safety outcomes in MMR vaccine studies, both pre- and post-marketing, are largely inadequate. The evidence of adverse events following immunisation with MMR cannot be separated from its role in preventing the target diseases.
(90) Balzola, F., et al. “Autistic enterocolitis: Confirmation of a new inflammatory bowel disease in an Italian cohort of patients.” Gastroenterology. Vol. 128. No. 4. INDEPENDENCE SQUARE WEST CURTIS CENTER, STE 300, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-3399 USA: WB SAUNDERS CO, 2005.
(91) Balzola F., Barbon V.,Repici A., Rizzetto M., Clauser D., Gandione M., Sapino A., Panenteric IBD-Like Disease in a Patient with Regressive Autism Shown for the First Time by the Wireless Capsule Enteroscopy: Another Piece in the Jigsaw of this Gut-Brain Syndrome? American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;100:979
(92) González L., López K., Martínez M., Navarro D., Negrón L., Rodríguez R., Villalobos D., Flores L., Sabrá A. Endoscopic and Histological Characteristics of the Digestive Mucosa in Autistic Children with Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Preliminary Report. G.E.N. Suplemento Especial de Pediatría-Nº 1, 2005; pp41-47.
(94) Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccine and Autistic Spectrum Disorder: Report From the New Challenges in Childhood Immunizations Conference Convened in Oak Brook, Illinois, June 12-13, 2000 Neal A. Halsey, MD, Susan L. Hyman, MD, and the Conference Writing Panel Conclusions. Although the possible association with MMR vaccine has received much public and political attention and there are many who have derived their own conclusions based on personal experiences, the available evidence does not support the hypothesis that MMR vaccine causes autism or associated disorders or IBD. Separate administration of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines to children provides no benefit over administration of the combination MMR vaccine and would result in delayed or missed immunizations. PEDIATRICS Vol. 107 No. 5 May 2001, p.e84
(98) Wakefield, Andrew. “The Seat of the Soul; The Origins of the Autism Epidemic.” Presented at Carnegie Mellon University 11 (2005): 17-05. Seat of the Soul Origins Autism Epidemic Wakefield Andrew Carnegie Mellon University 2005
(99) Gastrointestinal comorbidity, autistic regression and Measles-containing vaccines: positive re-challenge and biological gradient Andrew J. Wakefield, FRCS FRCPath; Carol Stott, PhD; and Kirsten Limb, BSc A.J. Wakefield, C. Stott, K. Limb / Medical Veritas 3 (2006) 796–802 Gastrointestinal comorbidity autistic regression and measles-containing vaccines Wakefield Andrew Medical Veritas 2006
(100) Autism: A Unique Type of Mercury Poisoning. See Table A: Summary Comparison of Characteristics of Autism & Mercury Poisoning. Sallie Bernard, Albert Enayati, B.S.Teresa Binstock Heidi Roger Lyn Redwood, R.N., M.S.N., C.R.N.P. Woody McGinnis, M.D. Autism A Unique Type of Mercury Poisoning Sallie Bernard Albert Enayati Teresa Bins 2000 SafeMinds
(101) Katie Wright, Autism Debate Strains a Family and Its Charity New York Times
(102) Autism Every Day Film with Katie Wright at Sundance Film Festival
(104) Jenny Mccarthy Interview in People Magazine, author of Louder than Words, on New York Times Best Seller List. number 5 on 10/15/07
(105) Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and an Amazing Vaccine Legal Victory…
Del Bigtree’s Master Class on Vaccines and Autism – Part 1…By Kent Heckenlively, JD Bolen Report.
The Battle Of The States: What Happened In Illinois?
By: Dr. F. Edward Yazbak Currently, the states with bans on thimerosal in vaccines are, in alphabetical order: California, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, New York and Washington.
The Scandinavian countries have banned the use of thimerosal in vaccines for years. As of 2004, all pediatric vaccines used in the United Kingdom have not contained the mercury preservative.
In 1999, The U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommended the removal of thimerosal from pediatric vaccines destined for the American market. It was evident that when they lowered the boom, a preservative-free hepatitis B vaccine was made available in record time.
(107) Deadly Immunity, originally published on Salon.com June 16, 2005
by Robert F Kennedy Jr Deadly Immunity originally published on Saloncom June 16 2005 Robet F Kennedy Jr
(108) Cases in Vaccine Court — Legal Battles over Vaccines and Autism Stephen D. Sugarman, J.D. NEJM, Volume 357:1275-1277 September 27, 2007 Number 13
Vaccines, Autism and Childhood Disorders: Crucial Data That Could Save Your Child’s Life (Paperback) by Neil Z. Miller (Author), Bernard Rimland (Foreword)
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations (Paperback) by Stephanie Cave MD(Author), Deborah Mitchell
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor (Mass Market Paperback) by Robert S. Mendelsohn MD
Evidence of Harm: Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic: A Medical Controversy (Paperback) by David Kirby
Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective (Paperback) by Neil Z. Miller
Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent’s Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives (Paperback) by Aviva Jill Romm
Autism Web sites:
Link to this page: http://wp.me/P3gFbV-La
Jeffrey Dach MD
7450 Griffin Road Suite 190
Davie, Florida 33314
Disclaimer click here: http://www.drdach.com/wst_page20.html
The reader is advised to discuss the comments on these pages with his/her personal physicians and to only act upon the advice of his/her personal physician. Also note that concerning an answer which appears as an electronically posted question, I am NOT creating a physician — patient relationship.
Although identities will remain confidential as much as possible, as I can not control the media, I can not take responsibility for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur.
Copyright (c) 2014 Jeffrey Dach MD All Rights Reserved
This article may be reproduced on the internet without permission, provided there is a link to this page and proper credit is given.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of significance. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.
Serving Areas of: Hollywood, Aventura, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Davie, Coral Springs, Cooper City, Sunshine Ranches, Hallandale, Surfside, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles, Normandy Isles, Coral Gables, Hialeah, Golden Beach ,Kendall,sunrise, coral springs, parkland,pompano, boca raton, palm beach, weston, dania beach, tamarac, oakland park, boynton beach, delray,lake worth,wellington,plantation